Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Quickie update

So I arrived in Santiago, Dominican Republic and did not need a backup plan for Jack was there the minute I stepped out. And not only was he there, he had documents that got me out of paying for a tourist card!

My first night in the DR, and Jack´s 30th night (total guess on my part) was spent with a Haitian friend who will be working with the same organization this summer. It was the real deal-a Latin barrio.

Our next stop was Jarabacoa, up in the inland mountains. Jack has connections with a YWAM base there. The trip offered great views especially on the motorbike! Jack has been fairly generous and accomodating when it comes to all my "stuff" (which is NOT much for 4 months!) and only complains every so often. I do admit, the "stuff" overtakes the motorbike just a little bit, but it just gives us that much more character for not only are we both wearing helmets (which no one does here) but we have a pile of stuff behind us.

No comments: